CG Look Development Artist – Vancouver
CG Look Development Artist
The CG Look Development Artist will work with the Look Development Lead and Supervisor to define all the technical and creative needs to construct the appearance for CG assets for a particular project. The Look Development Artist will use a variety of tools and Renderman to satisfy a production’s creative needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with the show supervisors to create final looks, templates, and materials for CG characters and environments to be used in production and interpret artistic direction from Supervisors.
- Work with the lead or supervisor of a show, define shader requirements, create shader networks in Renderman for Maya and Katana, modify shader parameters, apply texture maps, and iteratively refine the look to accomplish the art direction goals and integrate solutions into the production pipeline.
- Participate as a team member in determining the various design and technical solutions; provide feedback to other team members of the production.
- Responsible for creating all texture maps for application to creatures, props, and environments
- Write and/or modify custom shaders, define standard render passes for a project
- Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
- Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Industry experience (Animation and/or Visual Effects) is an asset
- Proficient in Maya, Mari and/or Substance Painter, Photoshop, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Knowledge of Renderman or equivalent Renderer
- Katana knowledge is an asset
- Substance Designer knowledge is an asset
- Modelling skills are an asset
- Shader development skills are an asset
- Linux operating system experience is an asset
- Experience with Python scripting is an asset
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset
- Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to work in the studio; BC residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP