Senior Software Developer – Vancouver
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to work closely with our Pipeline team. This is an excellent opportunity for an organized and motivated individual who enjoys being part of an exciting and fast-paced animation studio. The ideal candidate must have great asset management skills and the technical abilities to help develop and implement pipeline tools to streamline and solve production processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design the technology stack – from APIs and back-end processes to core pipeline services.
- Design and build features and functionality delivered on time and within scope.
- Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
- Contribute to overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Develop code libraries that can be used for multiple projects.
- Setup and improve the development process using industry best practices.
- Stay informed of advances in development techniques, technologies and methods.
- Participate in code and design reviews, attend regular team meetings.
- Work with and mentor junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, communicate and document procedures.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Advanced knowledge in Python.
- Working knowledge of Unit Tests, Software Design Patterns and debugging techniques.
- Experience with Agile or Scrum processes is an asset.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree is an asset.
- Experience in an Animation/VFX facility is an asset.
- Experience using development best practices.
- Willing to learn and have a great attitude.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Ability to work in studio; BC residents preferred
Start Date: TBD