Senior CG Character Effects Artist – Vancouver
SENIOR CG CHARACTER EFFECTS ARTIST
We are looking for a Senior CG Character Effects Artist to join our team and assist in the development and implementation of a new cloth, hair and fur department for our CG Productions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and tailor digital costumes and comb and groom hair and fur for digital characters and creatures.
- Produce cloth, hair, and fur simulations, as well as any needed tech animation and cleanup for shot work in production.
- Creatively work to achieve art direction for a shot, while troubleshooting and providing revisions based on supervisor and/or client feedback.
- Optimize and deliver simulated geometry to the production pipeline for further processing.
- Work with our team to develop techniques and workflows to ensure that simulated geometry will integrate into production pipelines.
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team.
- Mentor junior artists in the overall production workflow and best practices.
- Assist our DFX Supervisor in the development of the overall simulations pipeline.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Houdini preferred.
- Strong knowledge in nCloth, nHair, xGen, Qualoth, Ornatrix, and/or other simulation systems.
- Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects.
- Working knowledge of RenderMan or other ray-based render engines.
- Basic understanding of rigging, modeling and geometry deformers.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows).
- Ability to create scripts with MEL, VEX, Python, basic C Shell scripting, Perl, C++ and development of tools considered an asset.
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs of development and production.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Currently, legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in house; BC residents preferred
Start Date: ASAP