IO Technical Assistant – Vancouver
IO TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Assistant to work closely with our Production, Pipeline and IT teams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the Production, Pipeline and IT teams.
- Report issues to Pipeline, IT and CG Supervisors and work to find a solution.
- Maintain and update Digital Resource from incoming/outgoing.
- Prioritize overnight renders. Coordinate rebalancing processor with Pipeline & Show Production.
- Break down requirements and solve challenges using off the shelf solutions where possible, and develop new tools as required.
- Triage production challenges and troubleshoot issues while creating reusable solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation to ensure the easy adoption of new processes, tools, and technology.
- Monitor Disk usage for the studio.
- Assist with moving computers and equipment as needed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Basic knowledge of and development experience using Python/Shell scripting required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Film Production or equivalent degree.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in the Animation, VFX or gaming industry.
- Production experience using Linux in the Animation, VFX or gaming industry.
- Able to work shift hours as required.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting as required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in the studio; BC residents preferred.
START DATE: Ongoing/As Needed