CG Rigger – Vancouver
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rigging Artist to join the Vancouver team on our CG productions!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and support interfaces, control mechanisms, and tools for production assets.
- Design and implement new tools and techniques for the production.
- Work closely with the animators and modelers to set up character rigs that will maintain a cohesive look during the animation process.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1+ years of industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) or equivalent
- Rigging experience with Autodesk Maya.
- Experience rigging a variety of characters and props, including facial animation systems
- Experience with Python required
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry, and movement
- Basic modeling skills and ability to understand polygonal mesh flow
- Knowledge of dynamics, animation and/or previs a plus
- Currently legally able to work in Canada
- Must be a current B.C. resident and be able to work in-house
START DATE: Feb 2019