CG FX Artist – Vancouver
CG FX Artist (Houdini)
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Houdini FX Artist to join our next exciting CG production.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and animate effects utilizing Houdini for smoke, clouds, fires, lava, and water that meet the technical and aesthetic standards of the project.
- Work with DFX supervisor, lighting team and CG Supervisor to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches to be able to work smoothly within the pipeline.
- Take direction from FX Supervisor, Leads and FX TDs.
- Produce look tests based on provided concepts.
- Work within show structure and production deadlines to complete tasks.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of Houdini Dynamic tools.
- Experience rendering with Mantra.
- Prior experience in the CG animation industry an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Nuke is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Renderman and/or Katana an asset.
- An understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena.
- Strong technical skills within a show structure.
- Self-driven, a good communicator, and a great team player.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in the studio; BC resident preferred.
START DATE: March 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.