Accountant – Vancouver
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver’s Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa’s Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment.
The Accountant provides support to the team in various aspects of corporate accounting. The Accountant is responsible for accounts payable, expense reporting, bank reconciliations, general accounting tasks and some office administration duties. The candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and have a great sense of humour.
What you’ll do:
- Perform full cycle of Accounts Payable functions; review and process vendor invoices with appropriate approvals, processing payments, project coding, etc.
- Prepare credit applications, set up and maintain vendor accounts and handle vendor inquiries
- Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
- Enter credit card transactions, post payments and perform credit card statement reconciliations
- Prepare government remittances (GST, WCB, etc.)
- Process intercompany invoices
- Provide administrative support to senior management team and perform other general office duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma/degree, training and experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAGE accounting software would be an asset
- Close attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can work well independently and in a team
- Able to produce accurate work and handle multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Eagerness to learn and become a strong contributing member to our team
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: TBD based on experience