2D Character Design Supervisor – LA
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver’s Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa’s Hintonburg neighborhood and our new studio in LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment.
2D Character Design Supervisor
Atomic Cartoons is currently looking for an experienced Character Design Supervisor to join our LA team on a new and exciting production!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with Art Director and Executive Producer’s to create characters, turns, poses and expressions
- Manage a team of remote designers in LA and Vancouver
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Participate in department meetings as required.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with all members of the Art team.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3-5 years experience in a Character Design role in Animation
- 1+ years of experience working in a supervisory role
- Experience working in a Harmony Toon Boom Pipeline is an asset
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of art fundamentals such as structure, composition, and design principles.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in a team, take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Currently legally able to work in the US
START DATE: ASAP