2D Animation Director – Ottawa
2D Harmony Animation Director
We are looking for a 2D Animation Director to lead an animation team on our next Harmony production at our Ottawa studio!
What You Will Do:
- Direct and inspire a team of animators to create and deliver quality animation for episodic television and film.
- Proactively plan and allocate resources for challenging sequences and episodes.
- Work closely with the Line Producer and animation team in planning to overcome challenges within the production.
- Work with the Line Producer to ensure that the team stays on schedule while maintaining show quality and employee morale.
- Collaborate with all departments across the production to ensure obstacles are overcome and deadlines are met.
- Work with the pipeline team to set up the animation pipeline and make suggestions for improvement.
- Guide animators through MDP cycle animation.
- Provide creative and technical style guides for the animation team.
- Review builds in pre-production to ensure they are animation-friendly, making adjustments as necessary.
- Collaborate with the client and internal stakeholders to ensure that expectations are met from both sides.
- Review submitted shots; approve or send back for revision, with detailed notes.
- Meet with team members to discuss, plan for and solve current and future issues.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and performance management across the animation team.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with the animation team to deliver constructive feedback.
- Review animation applications and participate in interviews, as necessary.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience as an animation supervisor.
- Strong understanding of Toon Boom Harmony and animation.
- Understanding of story, composition, body mechanics, lighting, and continuity.
- Strong understanding of show styles and the ability to communicate this across the animation department.
- Excellent organization, time management, and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to direct/mentor artists.
- Ability to deliver clear and concise feedback with a strong understanding of working within an animation production.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Previous experience as an animation director is an asset.
- Previous experience working on a feature-length animation project is an asset.
- Knowledge of CG integrations in 2D is an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in the studio; ON resident preferred.
START DATE: TBD