Atomic Cartoons is currently looking for Technical Artists to join our team for upcoming CG and Harmony productions!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Liaise between animators and the pipeline team to improve and maintain animation tools
- Discover and implement creative solutions for the artists that are within technical limits
- Troubleshoot technical problems and address challenges with Maya Characters, animation, and rendering tools throughout production
- Act as a technical advisor, looking out for potential problems or issues before they occur
- Optimize the artist’s capabilities through the usage of scripts and the development of tools
- Ensure that the solutions provided continue to work as intended
- Attend department meetings as required
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in fine arts, computer science or equivalent experience required.
- Experience using Maya or Harmony as a Technical Artist/TD is an asset
- Ability to program using Python
- Ability to write code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development is an asset.
- Previous experience in the animation industry is an asset
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada, BC residents preferred
START DATE: ASAP