Senior CG Modeler – Atomic Vancouver
This role is for a Senior CG Modeler with very strong modelling skills. This person will be involved in helping to create hard surface and organic models and in some cases UVs. Qualified candidates must have proven experience in production environments, demonstrating an ability to construct complex and accurate models from 2D reference or scan data.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create show style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project(s)
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed
- Proactive, collaborative and passionate
- Be able to take constructive feedback from supervisors and directors and deliver those changes in an efficient and timely manner
- Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
- Work closely with the Riggers in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of Industry experience (Animation and/or Visual Effects)
- Proficient in Maya, Zbrush and/ or Mudbox
- Knowledge of other skills such as texturing/ shading, rendering or rigging a plus
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Mentors Junior and mid level artists
- Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
- Keep other supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Linux operating system experience a plus
- Experience with Python scripting a plus.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in-house at our Vancouver studio
START DATE: ASAP/On-going