Render TD – Atomic Vancouver
We’re looking for a proactive Render TD to join our team. Reporting to the Pipeline Manager and working closely with our artists and production team, you’ll help debug rendering issues and will write tools to ensure the smooth running of our render farm.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and manage daily operation of the render farm.
- Work with the CG Supervisors to debug technical issues related to rendering.
- Initiate communications to productions to determine daily per-show priorities and ensuring studio overarching priorities are enforced.
- Perform basic wrangling and root cause analysis on logs for failed tasks, flagging issues, and identifying and communicating trends.
- Escalating infrastructure and asset issues to designated contacts.
- Debug and improve configuration, monitoring and automation of systems.
- Gathering statistics from the queue and communicating successes, failures and trends.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience working with Python, Maya, Renderman, and Tractor is essential.
- An understanding of Linux and basic networking is beneficial.
- Must be able to work swing shifts and weekends.
- Able to legally work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in studio; BC residents preferred.
- Start Date: ASAP