Production Accountant – Atomic Vancouver (Multiple Positions Available)
Atomic Cartoons, a Thunderbird Company, is looking for a Production Accountant. The Production Accountant provides support to the Accounting team in various aspects, with an emphasis on production payroll and AP. The candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and have a great sense of humour! There are two openings, one permanent role and an one year contract role.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll function and associated remittances for all personnel
- Process high-volume AP, including remittances for voice performers and writers according to union guidelines
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare GST remittances
- Openness to perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Post-secondary certificate or degree, training and experience
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with Excel required
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Sage
- Operates with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and become a strong contributing member of our team
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident preferred.
- Must be able to work in the studio; BC resident preferred.
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: TBD based on experience – Benefits applicable after probation period