Pipeline TD – Ottawa
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver’s busy Animation District. Our Ottawa studio is located in the vibrant Hintonburg area that has deep roots in the city’s animation history. Atomic is a mix of laid back atmosphere, a supportive team, and some serious creative talent!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
We are seeking a highly motivated Pipeline TD to work closely with our Ottawa team to collaborate in the development and support of our animation pipeline. This is an exciting opportunity to help define workflows and build a world-class animation pipeline working directly with artists.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work under the leadership of the Head of Technology and closely with the Pipeline team to drive productions forward towards their deliverable goals.
- Work with the Pipeline team and artists to understand and document existing workflows.
- Break down requirements and solving challenges using off the shelf solutions where possible, and developing new tools where required.
- Triage production challenges and troubleshoot issues with a desire to produce reusable solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation to ensure easy adoption of new processes, tools, and technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous experience in VFX or Animation is strongly desired, preferably as a Pipeline TD.
- Extensive knowledge and development experience using Python is required.
- Java Script knowledge would be an asset.
- Production experience using Windows, Toonboom Harmony, Adobe Animate, Adobe Suite Products is an asset.
- Experience with Shotgun, Maya, Renderman, Nuke an asset.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Currently able to legally work in Canada
- Must be able to work in studio; ON residents preferred.
Start Date: ASAP