Matte Painter – Atomic Vancouver
This is an excellent opportunity for a very talented MATTE PAINTER to join the crew on our next very exciting CG production!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create matte paintings for elements and visuals to match the look of the production
- Work with Modeling/Texture Supervisors and Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production
- Share ideas. collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including modeling, lighting, compositing and design
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- Industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) an asset
- Strong knowledge of matte painting techniques such as colour space, digital paint and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Nuke animation tools props
- Knowledge of various renderers like Renderman, Vray and Arnold
- Previous experience using SHOTGUN is an asset
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Ability to provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor lesser experienced team members
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident preferred.
- Must be able to work in the studio; BC resident preferred.
START DATE: ASAP