Lead CG Modeler
This role is for a Lead CG Modeler with very strong modelling skills. This person will be involved in helping to create hard surface and organic models and in some cases quick UV’s . Qualified candidates must have proven experience in production environments, demonstrating an ability to create complex and accurate models from 2D reference or scan data.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create show style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project(s)
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed
- Proactive, collaborative and passionate
- Be able to take constructive feedback from supervisors and directors and deliver those changes in an efficient and timely manner
- Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
- Work closely with the Riggers in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
- Be up to date and familiar with new techniques, tools and other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of Industry experience (Animation and/or Visual Effects)
- Proficient in Maya, Zbrush and/ or Mudbox
- Knowledge of other skills such as texturing/ shading, rendering or rigging a plus
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Work with the supervisor of a show to accomplish the art direction goals and integrate solutions into production pipeline.
- Lead team members in determining various design and technical solutions; provide feedback to other team members of the production.
- Work with your team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets
- Provide assistance for technical art issues that arise within the pipeline
- Mentor artists on the team
- Keep other supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues.
- Exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Linux operating system experience a plus
- Experience with Python scripting a plus.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in-house at our Vancouver studio
START DATE: Fall 2018