Lead CG Asset Artist
Lead CG Asset Artist
As a Lead CG Asset & Build Artist you will be asked to design and create the look and production methodology needed to create hard surface and organic models for use in stylized animated productions. Responsibilities will also include working with our development team to assist in the research and development of Modeling and Texturing workflows utilized for the overall facility and future projects.
What You’ll Do:
- The creation of show style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project(s)
- Creatively achieve art direction for any asset, while troubleshooting and providing revisions based on supervisor and/or client feedback and deliver those changes in an efficient and timely manner
- Optimize and deliver assets to the production pipeline for further processing.
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team.
- Work with facility and production supervisors to develop techniques and workflows to ensure that assets will integrate into overall production pipelines.
- Mentoring of junior artists in production in regards to overall workflow and production best practices.
- Assist in the development of the assets pipeline along with the Head of Department and facility DFX Supervisor.
- Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
- Work closely with the Riggers in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of Maya, Zbrush and/ or Mudbox preferred.
- Thorough understanding of asset creation techniques and technologies and a basic understanding of rigging.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows).
- Working knowledge of RenderMan or other ray-based render engines.
- Experience with Python scripting is a plus
- Must be able to work in house; BC resident preferred
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Start Date: ASAP