Junior Accountant – Thunderbird
We are seeking a full-time Junior Accountant to join and help support our corporate accounting team at Thunderbird’s head office.accounting experience in a creative environment.
The Junior Accountant provides support to the Senior Accountants in various aspects of Accounting. The Junior Accountant is responsible for accounts payable, expense reporting, general accounting tasks and some office administration duties. The candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and have a great sense of humour.
- Perform full cycle of Accounts Payable functions; review and process vendor invoices with appropriate approvals, processing payments, project coding, etc.
- Prepare credit applications, set up and maintain vendor accounts and handle vendor inquiries
- Enter credit card transactions, post payments and perform credit card statement reconciliations
- Sending invoices to customers and check status
- Provide administrative support to senior management team and perform other general office duties as assigned
- Prepare bank reconciliations for various entities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly GST/HST/QST filings
- Openness to perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma/degree, training and experience
- A minimum of 2‐5 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook Applications
- Experience with Accounting software, preferably Sage
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform successfully with minimal supervision
- Able to produce accurate work and handle multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Eagerness to learn and become a strong contributing member to our team
START DATE: TBD
If you are interested in this position please send a resume and a cover letter, both in PDF form, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Junior Accountant”.
Please tell us in the cover letter what your salary expectations are.
We will get back to candidates we would like to interview right away.