CG Supervisor – Atomic Vancouver
Atomic Cartoons is currently looking to add a CG Supervisor to our team for a new and exciting production.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Aids in designing and implementing all technical aspects and workflow of the production including modelling, shading, animation, lighting, and FX.
- Works closely with the clients to receive the brief and discuss Atomic’s capabilities both technically and creatively.
- Works with facility and show leadership to define the creative and technical approach for the project and oversee it through the pipeline.
- Assists with portraying the Directors creative vision to the team through building consensus between Technology, Artists, and Production.
- Works with the Production Team to manage the day to day running of the team and evaluate artist schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable enabling them to achieve their quotas and milestones.
- Works with the show Technical Directors and pipeline support in solving day-to-day issues, and proactively eliminate potential problems in pipeline tools before they impact the production.
- Offers support, mentoring, and guidance to the Technical Team Leads.
- Assess and recommend appropriate external shaders/plugins/scripts.
- Attends daily production and department meetings.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in fine arts, computer science or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of animation production experience, with proven ability of supervising and leading a large group.
- Strong working knowledge of 3D software packages and pipelines including: Maya, Katana, Houdini, Nuke.
- Knowledge of various ray based rendering engines, such as Renderman and Arnold, is an asset.
- Ability to write/understand code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development is a plus.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and ability to delegate and mentor people and projects.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Proven team leadership, strong motivational skills and willingness to share knowledge and provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor lesser experienced team members.
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada, BC residents preferred
START DATE: TBA 2018