CG RIGGER – Expression of Interest
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rigger to join our next exciting action CG production.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and support interfaces, control mechanisms and tools for receiving departments as assigned.
- Designs and implements new tools and techniques for the production
- Work closely with the animators and modelers to set up character rigs that will maintain a cohesive look during the animation process.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- 2+ years of industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) or equivalent rigging experience
- Knowledge of Maya , MEL and Python preferred
- Experience rigging a variety of characters and props, including facial animation systems
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement
- Basic modeling skills and ability to understand polygonal mesh flow
- Ability to provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor lesser experienced team members
- Knowledge of dynamics, and/or previs a plus
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio
- Able to legally work in Canada
- Must be a current B.C. resident and work in-house
START DATE: TBA