CG Modeler – Atomic Vancouver
This role is for a CG Modeler with strong modelling skills. This person will be involved in helping to create hard surface and organic models and in some cases a UV pass. Qualified candidates must have experience in production environments, demonstrating an ability to model complex and accurate models from 2D reference or scan data.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create show style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed
- Proactive, collaborative and passionate
- Be able to take constructive feedback from supervisors and directors and deliver those changes in an efficient and timely manner
- Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
- Work closely with the Riggers in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- Industry experience (Animation and/or Visual Effects) an asset
- Knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Knowledge of 3D paint packages and rendering a plus
- Knowledge of other skills such as texturing/ shading or rigging a plus
- Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, anatomy, structure and movement
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Linux operating system experience a plus
- Experience with Python scripting a plus.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident preferred.
- Must be able to work in the studio; BC resident preferred.
START DATE: Ongoing/As Needed