CG Head of Pipeline – Atomic Vancouver
CG Head of Pipeline
The CG Head of Pipeline is responsible for leading a team charged with the development and maintenance of the Studio CG Pipeline. The CG Head of Pipeline works in cooperation with the DFX Supervisor and the CG Supervising Producer, along with the show specific CG Supervisors and other Technical Leads, in order to maximize the return on investment for any pipeline enhancements, while minimizing show risk and technical debt.
What you’ll do:
- Helps drive the design, implementation, and evolution of a standardized production pipeline.
- Leads a team of Pipeline TDs and Pipeline Engineers responsible for deploying, configuring, and supporting the pipeline.
- Works with the Supervisors and Technical Leads to ensure that the pipeline meets the needs of the studio at large to minimize project specific forks and complexity.
- Works with Production and Technology Management to ensure adequate support coverage to meet the demands of all productions.
- Acts as an escalation point for Supervisors and Production Management to drive the resolution of pipeline and work-flow issues.
- Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the studio.
- Develop an overarching technology strategy for both CG television animation and feature development.
- Promote quality, efficiency and accountability through the technology team
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in animation or feature film on the post-production side.
- Experience managing software, pipeline, and/or technology teams.
- Production and development experience with Maya, Katana, Houdini, Nuke using Python.
- Prior development experience with Shotgun or other Production & Asset Management Systems.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work in the studio; BC resident preferred.
- Able to legally work in Canada
Start Date: ASAP