CG FX Artist
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated FX Artist to join our next exciting action CG production.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for helping to develop CG FX for sequences and shot by shot
- Work with Directors, Modeling, Rigging and Lighting Supervisor and Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production
- Take direction and work with the FX Supervisor
- Provide feedback to determine the most efficient technical and creative approach
- Work closely and collaborate ideas with lighting artists, compositors, animators and other members of the production
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2-3+ years of experience as in CG FX
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Intermediate understanding of Nuke and Renderman
- Strong knowledge of physical dynamics
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor lesser experienced team members
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, preferably located in B.C.
START DATE: ASAP