CG FX Artist (Houdini) – Atomic Vancouver
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated FX Artist to join our next exciting action CG production.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and animate effects utilizing Houdini for smoke, clouds, fires, lava and water that meet the technical and aesthetic standards of the project.
- Work with DFX supervisor, lighting team and CG Supervisor to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches to be able to work smoothly within the pipeline.
- Take direction from FX Leads and FX TDs as well as provide guidance and some mentorship to other FX Artists
- Produce look tests based on provided concepts
- Work within show structure and production deadlines to complete tasks
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience in the CG animation industry
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini Dynamic tools
- Experience rendering with Mantra
- Basic knowledge with Nuke, an asset
- Basic knowledge of Renderman and/or Katana an asset
- Requires understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player
- Strong technical and communication skills within a show structure
- Ability to perform multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- Must be able to work in house at our Vancouver studio.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, preferably located in B.C.
START DATE: January 2019 & March 2019