Administrative Assistant – Thunderbird
Thunderbird is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant with at least 3 years of related experience to join and help support the team!
The candidate who fills this position is responsible for providing high quality and timely administrative support to the Thunderbird team. The Administrative Assistant is a trusted and reliable key resource who is central to enhancing productivity and ensuring the smooth running of the Thunderbird office. The right candidate must have an interest in Communications, be detail oriented, self-motivated and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
General Office Responsibilities
- Act as a receptionist by presenting a professional and welcoming first contact to clients via phone, in person and email
- Handle general office duties including mail, photocopying, ordering office supplies, kitchen supplies, equipment maintenance and arranging couriers
- Act as key contact for employees’ day-to-day needs
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list and office manual
- Manage the office facilities to ensure a clean and organized office environment
- Support accounting, when necessary, including preparation of expense reports and bank runs
- Assist with company and staff social events
- Coordinate board, committee and management meetings including booking resources, sending invites and meeting packages, arranging meals/food options and organizing teleconferences.
- Support the executive team, management team, board and fellow colleagues as required
- Assist the Communications department with entering awards shows for our television series and films
- Coordinate delivery of materials for awards shows, events and sponsorship opportunities
- Update the Thunderbird social media channels and website with relevant news and information
- Gather information and news to distribute to staff in a monthly newsletter
- Maintain and update staff directory
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong computer skills including intermediate or higher-level proficiency in Microsoft Word/Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and other business and internet applications
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to accommodate multiple responsibilities and shifting priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- High level of discretion and judgement
- Eagerness to learn and become a strong contributing member to our team
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested and find that this position fits your career plan, send PDF copies of your resume and cover letter, indicating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Administrative Assistant Application”.
We thank all the applicants and will only contact a few selected applicants for an interview.