Senior 2D/3D Pipeline TD – Atomic Vancouver
Senior 2D/3D Pipeline TD
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to work closely with our Pipeline team to collaborate in the development and support for our 2D animation pipeline.
Our 2D Pipeline often works with 3D integration to create innovative, world class productions. This is an exciting opportunity to help define workflows and be a part of building a world class animation pipeline.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work under the leadership of the Head of Technology and closely with the Pipeline team to drive productions forward towards their deliverable goals
- Work on keeping the backend technologies uptodate with industry standards
- Test new technologies and help in their implementation in the current pipeline
- Work with the Pipeline team and artists to understand and document existing workflows.
- Break down requirements and solving challenges using off the shelf solutions where possible, and developing new tools where required.
- Triage production challenges and troubleshoot issues with a desire to produce reusable solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation to ensure easy adoption of new processes, tools and technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5 years of experience in VFX or Animation as a Software Engineer.
- Extensive knowledge and development experience using Python is required. Java Script knowledge would be an asset
- Production experience using Windows, ToonBoom Harmony, Adobe Animate, Shotgun, Maya, Renderman,After Effects and Nuke is an asset.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to legally work in Canada.
Start Date: ASAP